Our mission is to complete families through a thoughtful and thorough adoption process. To ensure every animal is placed in a forever home, GHHS begins this process with a detailed adoption application (download here). To be considered for adoption:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Your current pets must be spayed/neutered and up to date on all shots. Veterinarian references will be checked.
- If you rent housing, you must have written permission from your landlord and proof of pet deposit.
- If adopting into a family, we require all members of the family (including current dogs) to meet the animal on GHHS premises.
- Some large breed dogs may require a home inspection.
Meeting these guidelines is not a guarantee that your application will be accepted. GHHS reserves the right to adopt only to qualified homes based upon our guidelines. Each adoption is considered on a first-come, first-qualified basis once the animal is available for adoption.
Dogs and cats: $100
Animals older than 7 years: $50
The adoption fee covers: spay/neuter surgery (legally required), current vaccines and boosters, a HomeAgain microchip and 1 year subscription, heartworm preventative until time of adoption, and a small bag of food. Please note: all dogs must leave with a collar and leash. You can bring these items with you or purchase them at the shelter.
Click here to view our adoptable animals. If you have any questions about this process, please call GHHS at 256-881-8081.