Thank you for your interest in working at GHHS!
We currently have an opening for a Thrift Store/Delivery Clerk and and Animal Shelter Intern.
Thrift Store Delivery/Clerk
Reports to: Thrift Store Manager
Compensation Category: Full time, hourly
Pay Range: $8.50 & up
Position Summary: Works with Thrift Store Manager and staff on pick-up and delivery items. Works with staff and volunteers to effectively and efficiently operate the GHHS Thrift Store by assisting with customers and merchandise.
- Assists with pick up and deliveries of furniture & household donations
- Assists customers who are donating items at the Thrift Store
- Greets customers, Front counter & cash register duties, pricing and sorting of items, taking trash to the dumpster
- Assists the Thrift Store Manager and volunteers
Qualifications: Physically able to bend, twist, reach and lift heavy objects fifty pounds or more. Retail experience; excellent customer service skills; can create and support a positive atmosphere for employees and volunteers; ability to work in a fast paced environment with grace and humor; good organizational & conflict resolution skills; self motivated; a passion for the Mission of GHHS;;current Alabama Driver’s License & a good driving record.
Animal Shelter Intern
Part time, unpaid
Are you interested in exploring the non-profit world? Do animals always like you? Greater Huntsville Humane Society (GHHS) needs a 2018 summer shelter intern. This position would provide a comprehensive look into all areas of an animal shelter: animal care, medical care, kennel shelter management, volunteer management, event planning, social media & marketing, and finances & administration.
GHHS is a 501(c)3 no-kill animal shelter dedicated to furthering the humane care and treatment of animals and providing adoption services for unwanted animals. GHHS was established more than 40 years ago and operates with a small staff under a governing Board of Directors.
What You Will Learn:
- Kennel & cat room management, including daily care of animals
- How to perform a medical examination and assist with minor medical tasks
- Customer service in non-profit and retail environments
- Assist & collaborate with our major summer fundraiser- 2018 Pet Photo Contest
- Learn donor relationship building via social media and email
- How to write grants, basic accounting, and office administration
What We Require:
- Interest in animal care, non-profit management, or enrollment in pre-vet program
- Currently pursuing BA/BS or 2-year degree
- Prefer junior or senior, but will consider other levels
- Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Flexible, with excellent teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills
Position begins June 11, and ends August 10. Part-time unpaid volunteer position, expected to work 15-20 hours a week. Can work flexible hours between 8am. and 5pm., 7 days a week. Deadline to apply is May 11. Applicable for credit hours, pending school’s qualifications and guidelines for internships.
Please email your resume and cover letter to GHHS at email@example.com by May 11.