Thank you for your interest in working at GHHS!
We currently have an opening for an Animal Care Technician
Position: Animal Care Technician
Reports to: Animal Care Supervisor
Compensation Category: Full time – hourly
Pay Range: $9.00 – up
Position Summary: The full-time Animal Care Technician will care for the animals, clean the kennels, and maintain a high level of cleanliness and animal welfare. Excellent animal and customer service skills are essential for this job.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the facility, and coordinates with the Animal Care Supervisor, other Animal Care Technicians and volunteers on daily cleaning duties
- Care for dogs, cats, and any exotic animals in shelter care
- Clean kennels and animal areas on a daily basis and throughout the day
- Enriches pets in our care daily with socialization and exercise
- Communicates with the Clinic Technician about the health of the pets in our care and relays information to the other animal care staff
- Direct and maintain safety standards by following proper guidelines to protect the staff, volunteers and the animals in our care
- Keeps Animal Care Supervisor updated on the temperament changes of pets in our care
- Responsible for cleaning of facility; sweeping, mopping, trash cans, restocking, etc.
- Interact with the public, including tours of the facility and answering phones
- Perform adoptions and home inspections for potential adoptions
- Weekend and holiday work will be required
- Other duties as requested
- At least 1 year customer service, positive personality and excellent customer service skills,
- Animal handling experience is a bonus, ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., and ability to drive a large van for animal drop-offs,
- Good driving record, car insurance, and valid driver’s license required